whenever i'm putting baby in our bed while sleeping he wakes up then i need to make him sleep again. what should i do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There r diff forms of sleep. The initial stage is usually light sleep which child will get roused easily and panic when the sleep environment changes. The next is a deeper form which child can sleep for 2 hours thereabouts and the last is lose consciousness type which we tend to have in deep slumber. My advice is to always let the child drift to the second stage before putting child down. How to identify? If child has a pacifier, this is the stage which u can safety remove the pacifier without the child knowing. :)

Read more

Put some pillow between his legs or somewhere near his body as a substitute so he'll feel that you're still there. My baby sleeps the same. He sleeps longer when tucked in my arms or whenever I embrace him. When I'm doing something else, I use either his bolster pillow or this breastfeeding pillow :)

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Yes. I used to use his bolster pillow then because it's way lighter than other pillows. Be careful though in placing pillows around your one-month-old. Make sure his face won't be covered and still keep an eye on him.

VIP Member

Transferring the baby is generally not recommended. Make sure your baby is awake when you put him down for a nap/sleep in the cot cause he will be quite shocked to find out if he's no longer sleeping in your arms.