when will newborn's umbilical cord fall off?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In my case, My son's umbilical cord had fallen on 7th day. For the next couple of days, some little strains of blood oozed out. In general, umbilical stump dries up and falls off when baby is about 2weeks old. Like my baby, some babies lose their stump as early as 7days and as late as 21days. But take care of the stump while it is still attached and be careful not to bump it with the diaper.

Read more

Usually within a week from birth. For now, just need to keep it dry and clean. To clean that area, simply dampen a cotton wool or bud with cooled boiled water. Clean in an upwards motion from the base and change to a new clean piece after each bath or when it is wet.

Usually takes around 7-10 days. My baby's cord fell off on the 7th day. We didn't apply anything on it as well, just were careful to not touch it ourselves and dress her up such that her clothes don't interfere with the stub.

Just a week or after two weeka after birth.. my pedia suggested not to put anything on it.. no alcohol.. just wash it with water and pat dry.. it fell off just 2 weeks.. :)

5 days going forward it depends with a child dear it's not same...my sister have birth last of last week her baby droped at 5 days

Super Mum

My LO’s umbilical cord dried and dropped off on the 10th day

A couple of days probably in a weeks time

Within a week or 10 days

After 7 days

With in a week