10 Replies

I would say 3 years age gap is just nice. My elder one is quite independent when my second one is here. After baby has arrived, she is able to help me in taking care of the baby such as feeding milk and changing diapers. If the difference of age is too small, parents might find it overwhelmed to handle 2 babies. On the other hand, if the age gap is too wide, siblings will hardly play together as the interests will be totally different between them. http://sg.theasianparent.com/what-is-the-ideal-spacing-between-children/

3 years will be a great age gap as elder one will tend to be more understanding. Any age gap will still lead to sibling jealousy so personally I feel it is up to parents preference and how ready you are to accept another child into your life. My kids are 5 years apart and my elder one is still jealous of his little brother at times but I get a lot of help from him like helping to put the laundry into the laundry basket, fetching stuffs etc.

It really depends on you and your husband's comfort level. That means financially, emotionally, mentally and physically ready for 2nd child. Our body needs around a year to recover and get ready for another preg. It will also be a good time to bond with ur firstbond. There is really no guidelines to a good time but I prefer 2 to 3 years gap.

I would say it depends on when you and your husband are ready. Because once both of you are ready, you can make things work. Such as how to manage two children, how to split the household chores, how to budget the expenses etc. Have a chat with your hubby to determine when would be a good time to start trying. :)

When you think you can handle taking care of a toddler and an infant, or 2 babies at the same time. I think when you say that your toddler or pre-schooler has achieved important milestones and you can divide attention to another child.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5131)

The ideal case will be 3 years. When you have a new born, at least your first child will be close to 4yo. If gap too near, both will need equal attentions from mummy ...that's my point of view..

Super Mum

2 to 3 years later.

2 years later

5 years

Related Questions

Related Articles