When do you start training your children to eat spicy food? I totally love spicy food but haven't been able to 'enjoy' it much when i go out 'cos we always have to buy food which the kids can eat... Anyway, how do you mummies 'train' your kids to eat spicy food? Do you introduce it to them? Or do they request to try?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I haven’t tried to my baby though and I’m the only person in the house who’s fond of spicy food and luckily, I’m not the one who cooks all the time – therefore no chance for my daughter to get introduced to it yet by my mom who stays with her while I’m away for work. And when I say spicy I mean 'hot'. From this link I’ve came across (http://www.livescience.com/36487-babies-spicy-food-introducing-solids-spices.html) Dr. Anca Safta a pediatric gastroenterologist, sites that the only caution is to introduce one new spice every four to five days, to see if there's an adverse reaction. Watch out if your baby has irritable bowel syndrome, her gut might have bad reactions toward spicy foods. When introduced early and in frequently, children get more used to it and chances are they can more tolerate different degree of spiciness.

Read more