when do u decide to hang ur pumps? i am 16wks along with my #2 but my #1 is only 7 mthd old. gynae has warned me abt bm drying up during 2nd tri of pregnancy and i've tried all sorts of things to increase supply but of no help. i pump 3hrly at work and my output on gd days are 20ml per pump. on not so gd days, i get only 10ml per pump. i am determine to continue but with this kind of supply, im wondering if im just wasting my time. hubby has always been supportive and told me i can continue pumping even if it takes me 3 days just to get 1 feed for #1. my lo still latches at night but will nvr be full so i hv to supplement FM still. should i just hang my pump now and conserve energy for #2? i am planning to tandem feed when #2 arrives but im scared if #1 wld nt want bm anymore.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Heed Yr gynae advice. My #3 was a time 9mths old when I was pretty with #4 and was advised to stop breastfeeding as it will affect nutrients to #4. At that time, each pump was at least 150-200ml. Yr nutrition for the foetus is as important. Alternatively, u can opt to get blessing of breast milk and continue feeding Yr #1 until Yr #2 comes along then u can go for tandem feed.

Read more

It really depends on your body. My #1 is 3 mths, #2 is 6 mths, #3 is 9 mths and now #4 is still breastfeeding. Ideally would like to stop only after 18mths if I can hold on till then cos super cost saving and also healthy for the child. If the flow is really so low, you may wish to discuss with your gynae and hubby at the same time before making the decision.

Read more

I know many friends who tandem feed and they manage well. But from wh3at they tell me, they also tend to stagger the feeding times between their babies if they are too exhausted to deal with two babies at once. There's no right or wrong to this and it's really all up to how you feel and if you think you can handle tandem feedings or not :)

Read more
VIP Member

I guess it really depends. I been fully latching on for my 2nd child. When i hit abt 15 weeks w my 3rd child, my milk just dries up. But my 2nd child still latches awhile for comfort at night. I do hope when i deliver and milk kicks in, he is able to continue to latch as well as help me to stimulate more milk.

Read more

I was able to continue to latch my elder with milk till i delivered. I guess it really depends on your body.

I gave up when bb was 6 Mths old. I believe letting my body rest too

I gave it up when baby was about 6 months old.

big hugs to you mummy! don't give up!