18 Replies

VIP Member

I don't have a toddler, but I've ever needed to go to the toilet (big one). I just babywore her and did my business while she was screaming her head off. I had no choice but to attend to the more urgent need. There are baby carriers which can support toddlers, so the same thing can be done. Children up to the age of 6 can be allowed into changing rooms meant for the opposite gender in swimming complexes, so I would assume that it's the same for public toilets. If you don't want the kid to share the same cubicle, get him/her to stick his foot under the cubicle so you will know they are still there and not running around.

Well, sometimes when you are left with no choice, you will have to bring them in with you. Else what? Leave them alone outside? Impossible right? Either you bring them in the same cubicle or alternatively, you can use the handicap toilet which is usually not advisable cos there may be someone who really needs it, unless otherwise stated that it's meant for family use.

I've seen mothers who'd make their toddlers stand inside the cubicle with them, saw their tiny shoes sticking out from under the gap of the cubicle door. When I was younger, my late grandmother would simply sling us on her makeshift batik baby carrier and do her business. I do remember it, and though it makes me giggle, don't think I am traumatized by it in any way.

I'd definitely bring my Daughter into the cubicle with me. Had to bring my Daughter to the male toilet once & she actually amazingly respects my urgent nature and turns around while i did my stuff tho it's just a small one. She even tells me she must be directly behind me so she won't peep at me :P Our kids know when we need that personal space too ;)

I will choose to go in handicapped/family toilet and bring my children in together. Family toilets normally come with child seat and straps for young kid. If there is no child seat, I will place my baby in the stroller/in carrier. For my older child, I will ask her face the door instead of me while I quickly finish my 'business'.

I would suggest going into the handicapped toilet if available. Otherwise, can bring your toddler into the same cubicle in the gents/ladies. Better that than leaving him/her alone or with some strangers, will likely be more traumatizing than being in the same cubicle as daddy/mummy did his/her business (opps!).

I will bring my son in with me but he will wait for me outside my door. I will periodically talk to him to ensure that he is there. He is also taught about stranger danger so he will shout if someone tries to take him away.

I would bring my toddler inside the toilet if needed and just do my thing quickly hahaha. I will never ever leave my daughter alone.

i will bring them into toilet w me...even at home as i have no choice if im alone w then.

VIP Member

bring to cubicle with me 🤪

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles