When will baby sit without support ? And when will they sit up by themselves while lying on the bed?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Abt 5-6 months for sitting and abt 7-8 for by themselves while lying on bed. Every baby is different so no need to rush. If u are concerned then try to let baby have the opportunities to do the above tasks. I will read to him storybooks when he sit up (assisted w me behind then slowly progress to at the side). Giving praises and clap hands to praise him is another way to motivate baby

Read more

They will start to sit assisted around 5months onwards. Some can sit up assisted at 6mths. They will sit up by themselves around 7-8 mths. Again all babies have different development pace so not to worry so much. They will eventually learn and what you can do is let them have sufficient tummy time

Mostly about 5 to 6 months. However each child grow at their own pace. My boy is 8 months now and he can only sit unassisted for a few seconds.

VIP Member

Sit up assisted around 5 months. Sat up by himself around 9 months old. Different baby have different development pace.

Read more

All bb achieves it at diff times, can use bumbo to assist them!

Mine sit assisted at 5 mth n sit up by himself at early 8 mth

Mine about 5mths old.. but i agree, to each their own :)

Mine sit up by herself at 9 mths