What are your thoughts on water birth?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Water birth is a safe way to birth your baby naturally without much intervention provided your pregnancy is not high risk. It is important to engage a trained Professional who has experienced in water birth and find out more from them. Only a few OBGYNs are trained and comfortable to deliver babies under water. You can find out more from NUH and Thompson Medical Centre.

Read more

Sounds fun and exciting to try if there is an opportunity. Having it wasn't an easy option too. Think only available at NUH currently. Well. all my babies are born in KKH and had checked with them but they just say that there is no such service available. Moreover, all my babies are big and had to be C-sec.

Read more

If it were my first baby, I wouldn't consider it. Haha. I'd want a hospital, pain meds, the whole nine yards. But if it were my second or subsequent baby, I'd probably be more comfortable with my body and have some confidence to try a water birth.

I would say it definitely sounds intriguing and a good option to consider. But because it is not as common.. seemed like more work (logistic and admin wise) needed to be done to prepare for it. Still, think it is worth keeping an open mind on.

I hv always wanted to try but it wasn't available when I deliver. If I had a choice, I would definitely 1 2 try it.

Personally think it should be banned. Heard many Doctors/gynae think its full of crock