What was your child’s reaction when you first feed him/her? My bub made the below :D

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You baby is cute with that expression. Well, the 1st time is always special. Baby’s first taste of solid food should be a single ingredient, age appropriate food. A few wonderful choices for first foods for babies, as many pediatric resources are now acknowledging, are tasty and creamy avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes. These healthy and nutritious foods make really great first foods for baby because they are easy to digest and full of vitamins, minerals, fats and other nutrients a growing baby needs.. Baby is tasting for the 1st time and may or may not like the food prepared or rather they are curious about the food being served. For most infants, you can start with any pureed solid food. While it's traditional to start your baby on solids with a single-grain cereal, there's no medical evidence to show that introducing solid foods in a particular order will benefit your baby. Good foods to start with include pureed sweet potatoes, squash, applesauce, bananas, peaches, and pears. First, nurse or bottle-feed your baby. Then give him one or two teaspoons of pureed solid food. If you decide to start with cereal, mix it with enough formula or breast milk to make a semi-liquid. Use a soft-tipped plastic spoon when you feed your baby, to avoid injuring his gums. Start with just a small amount of food on the tip of the spoon. If your baby doesn't seem very interested in eating off the spoon, let him smell and taste the food or wait until he warms up to the idea of eating something solid. Don't add cereal to your baby's bottle or he may not make the connection that food is to be eaten sitting up and from a spoon. Begin with a once-a-day feeding, whenever it's convenient for you and your baby, but not at a time when your baby seems tired or cranky. Your baby may not eat much in the beginning, but give him time to get used to the experience. Some babies need practice keeping food in their mouths and swallowing. Once he gets used to his new diet, he'll be ready for a few tablespoons of food a day. If he's eating cereal, gradually thicken the consistency by adding less liquid. As the amount your baby eats increases, add another feeding.

Read more

Your baby is so cute!! She must be very exciting to taste her first food. I remember for my daugther, she asked for more food after first taste and her legs kicking vigrously. For my 2nd baby, as I chose to BLW and his first food was banana, he was very curious and try to put banana into his mouth. It takes few days of trial for him to enjoy his banana. The curiousity on his face was quite funny.

Read more
VIP Member

I used Baby Led Weaning methods, his reaction when chewed broccoli was priceless. I believe he said " What textured is this and why it isn't taste like milk?!" hehehe

My Baby just played on her food during her first solid-food intake. She was spitting the potato actually whenever we place it in her mouth.

thanks