What was your baby's first food?

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Like Stephanie, my son's first food was mashes avocado but he hated it. I tried 2 ways in the 3 days, mashed it with, added milk and spoonfeed but he keep smacking the spoon away so it was quite a mess. I also tried BLW method and left chunks of avocado on his tray but none of it went into his mouth. He just squish everything and threw them down lol. But surprisingly, about 6 weeks later, I tried avocado with him again and he took a liking to it

Read more

It was avocado slices for blw! She hated it. Hahaha. Tried offering her a few times but she always gives a weird expression. Other than avocado she also takes carrot sticks, broccoli, celery sticks, cucumber sticks, peach, grapes, cherry tomatoes, french bean, sweet potato and banana. She doesn't like purees or porridge so it's really a challenge for me.

Read more
Post reply image

1st intro was pumpkin puree.. slowly then i intro banana, rock melon, apple, pear, avocado, carrot, peach, broccoli, peas.. suggest to intro something light 1st than go on to those heavier taste. cause mine i started 1st intro pumpkin... there after like broccoli, peas.. he doesn't want.

Read more

My baby first foods are tasty and creamy avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes. These healthy and nutritious foods make really great first foods for baby because they are easy to digest and full of vitamins, minerals, fats and other nutrients a growing baby needs.

A small amount of khirr (just for test) only once .. it's a ritual to start with solid after 6 month. After that I started with dal ka pani, fruits juices first then gradually started mashed dal rice and all other

VIP Member

Fruit and vegetable puree, rice cereal with water/milk. My mum gave watery porridge for a start. Need to introduce 1 by 1. Remember the 3 days rule=)

her very first food was cereal with milk. Then had carrot, apples, potato, pumpkin, avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash, papaya, broccoli.

Rice pudding, or kheer, according to Indian traditions. Other than that, steamed and lightly mashed apple was among her first foods.

Avocado! Because it's nutrients content are the closest to breastmilk. I offer it with abit of breastmilk.

My 1st daughter instant cerelec.. my 2nd daughter blended plain porridge