What was/is your biggest fear as a first-time breastfeeding mum? Me? My baby's first teeth! #chompchomp #ouch

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My fear is that I'll get mastitis as I'll be heading back to work soon and am afraid that I won't be able to express my milk on time which may result in engorgement and clogged ducts. Another fear is that my baby will bite off my nipples when she grows teeth. I saw a forum post where a mom had an infection because her baby bit a hole in her breast! http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

Read more

I think the hardest was the 1st month. There were so many unknowns. I feared that my baby could not latched properly. I feared that my milk was not enough. I feared when my nipples cracked. I feared when when he choked. I think the most fearful was when he seemed hungry all the time and I was so worried that he did not take in enough milk.

Read more

For me, it was not being able to provide my son with enough no matter how hard I tried. I had relatives that we pressuring me to keep trying and it was just frustrations during each feeding because of baby and I were in tears and struggling a lot.

I was totally clueless how it felt to breastfeed a baby. Everything seemed so awkward to me before I got the chance to actually do it with my baby. I was too afraid of the fact if I can do it.

Baby teeth for me as well. I said I would stop bf when she gets teeth, and now she has two and we’re still bf...

thanks