What was the best parenting advice you got from your own parents?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

"No money can buy the time for your children." And after having kids, I realised - how true this is. I missed my son's year end Speech & Drama performance (when he was 5, now 7yo) once due to an emergency meeting with a client. My husband was there though so I thought it was not such a big deal. I tried making up to him by buying him his favourite toy - basically anything he wants that weekend. But he won't talk to me until a week later! First thing he said to me during breakfast was "You know Mom, you're always so busy. You said nothing is more important than me but why didn't you come?" I felt terrible! I cried and cried. I told myself this is something I'll never repeat. Soon after, I got pregnant with my number 2. After deciding long and hard... I quit my job for my two precious angels! No regrets! ;)

Read more
7y ago

i left mine too with my baby. she is now 4 1/2 months old. i am so very happy at my decision. nothing is more precious than my baby. can't take my eyes off her for a sec, doing a job would have been surely impossible. i appreciate your decision. good luck