Maid problem

Hi all, what time does ur helper wakes up, and go to bed? Lunch time an hour? How about their off days, what time do u all allow? My maid is taking care of my 2 months old LO. At night she feeds, but recently, I ask her to stop using her phone (3rd warning already).. she pisses off and I have to feed. She is on her phone when feeding, when bathing, when cooking, during her breaks, when doing hse chores… 😣 so dangerous for my LO. She hates cooking, so she always carry my LO, claiming he doesn’t wanna be put down in the cot, end up I have to order. Recently I insist she cooks no matter how late.. but then, seems like RS not so good already. mirror already cracks

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

6:30-8am depending if it’s a school day. Bed time wise, 10pm - 1am up to them as long as they can wake up the next day. After we drop off the kids to school, she can rest if she want as long as she finishes her chores. Sometimes when we have family gathering, we end late so she will also sleep late (2am) but we will let her rest till 11-12pm. Morning we will handle the kids ourselves. Off days up to her on what time she wants to go out, she will come back before 10pm. We take turns to have meals if baby is awake, if baby is asleep, eat together, save time. Phone wise, she will auto. If nothing to do, kids in school, before bedtime she can use her phone. Need her to have her phone so I can call her anytime if I need her help. Other than that, when she’s handling kids she won’t use her phone. She also won’t talk on the phone while doing housework so we don’t limit her phone usage or when she wants to use. So this one I think works both way, we can give and take but they also must auto abit. My helper is solely for taking care of kids (she can’t cook btw, but will help to prepare ingredients if she’s free) so we don’t expect her to cook. We either cook ourselves or Dabao food. For your case, I would change a new helper. Everything can close eye but when it comes to the safety of my baby, it’s no negotiations. If you use your phone while feeding my baby, anything happen you use what and pay me back? Your life? As entitled as it sounds, you are her employer, you are paying her and your requests are not unreasonable. Just like we can’t tell our boss to do himself at work, if so, employ you for what? Money too much meh 🙄.

Read more

Hi mummy, I just hired a helper to take care of my 2 months old too. Since she’s taking care baby she doesn’t have a fixed sleeping hour/schedule. When baby sleeps during the day time she will help with the house chores. At night when baby sleeps then she sleeps too after night feeding. Middle of the night when baby wake up for milk , helper will wake up and go back to sleep again. Usually she wakes up around 7-8am depends what time baby wake up since she’s doing night feeding. I requested for her to only have 1 off day a month. Since I need her to help me to take care of LO and prefer her not to go out so much and get contact of viruses outside and pass to my LO. For phone wise, she can use when baby is sleeping / finished doing house chores. Never really limit her on the phone as I feel it will be quite bored for her if she’s home everyday, taking care LO and house work. But I have highlighted to her that can’t compromise on her work while using phone. So far so good and she’s quite automatic too. I think try to keep a good relationship since they are taking care our LO.

Read more
7mo ago

Btw, which country is ur helper from

i had the same issue with phone usage, my helper use phone more than she work. warned my helper twice and it got better subsequently. i would change your helper too, seems like there is an attitude problem