Fever

What temperature is considered fever for baby? Usually how do you bring down the temperature? My baby temp fluctuates at 37 degrees

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

37.5 degrees Celsius (mild fever) and above.. Baby body temperature is higher, at times with hot weather, LO’s temperature can be higher eg 37 degrees Celsius. Sponge LO to cool down his body temperature, wear light clothings, feed more milk(for infant) to keep LO hydrated or water if LO has started solid. Monitor LO’s temperature, if have doubt and concern still, you may bring LO to visit PD.

Read more
5y ago

Yes I will use a cloth to wipe/sponge LO especially armpit, forehead and neck, after that put the damp cloth on LO’s forehead.

Super Mum

37 degrees is okay:) for low grade temperature (37.6-37.9 degrees), can probably just sponge baby/use fever patch. I would give paracetamol for fevers higher than that and monitor baby for lethargy/drowsiness/poor feeding/rash/other symptoms to see if baby needs to go see a doctor. For persistently high fevers (>38.5), the doctor advised us to add on ibuprofen, and that helped

Read more
VIP Member

37+ means considered as fever n u hv to give paracitomol syrup for every 5 to 6 hrs until temperature controls n not coming again ..

Super Mum

Above 37.5. I would paste the kool fever patch for baby. Use a damp cloth to sponge baby's forehead, neck, armpits, inner thighs.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/treating-your-babys-fever/

More than 37.5 is ever. You can put towel on his head first to help bring down bb temp

Above 37.5. I will usually use fever pad to bring down the temperature

VIP Member

Above 37.5 is consider fever for LO

above 38 degrees C