What is the single most important role of a parent?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The most important role of the parent is to raise a good human being. And I think the utmost goal of each parent in nutshell remains this. What I personally believe is, that a kid in all circumstances if taught will always learn what books have to teach them, but virtues of life have to be instilled by parents. From very early on, we have to develop the emotions of compassion and love in kids. We should teach them how forgiveness, sharing, caring, having a big heart can keep one the happiest in life.

Read more
8y ago

ur ryt mommy..that's it! the most important and probably also the most challenging, is to teach ur kid to be a good human being..no matter what kind of people he/she encountered they have to treat them well. and eventually, maybe thats the greatest achievement a mother and father deserved.

parenting involves a lot of different roles...we are not just mother/father we are, counselor,friend, healer, teacher, financer, home maker, skills trainer etc...u name it and parents r one who have done it first...so I find it difficult to say which is most important role....it's more of a lifetime journey. we play our roles so well that even movie stars are outshined by what we can achieve... so I guess the answer to ur question is parenting...that's the single most important role

Read more

For me, a parent's most important role is to know when to let go. When a child is ready, a parent should let go and let the child take to their skies. Parents can only provide and do so much. After a while, it's important to let go...

To raise the children to be good human being by imparting them good and strong values.