What should I do if Mil want to come to my place everyday to see baby.. just because she say is bore at home...

What should i do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to talk to your husband and let him know that you are uncomfortable and see if there’s other arrangement like one week let your mil comes once or twice as you need to rest and have alone time with your baby. Get your husband to convey the arrangement and tell him to reassure your mil that is not that you don’t want her to be around but you just want some privacy or so.

Read more
3y ago

We alr allow her to come once per week on sunday. Now she suggesting everyday.. haix but thank god because of this phrase 2.. my husband ask my mil not to come at all.

Tell her with a smile "Mother, we can send you many baby photos and videos everyday actually!" Then pray she gets your hint. If she still insists, "Don't trouble yourself with the to-and-fro journey everyday, esp now got Covid, so scary, better to stay home for your own safety!" And pray again that she gets your second hint.

Read more

my mil is the same. Very self entitled over privilege lot this bunch of ppl. Despite covid n alert now she wants to come over and expects us to visit her.

Does she come to help you take care of baby and also take care of you? Or just come to see and play with baby only? How long does she stay each time?

Have an open conversation with ur spouse