Working As A Paediatric Nurse

So I once had a patient who called worried and asked me "My baby drank some soapy water when she took a bath, should I be concern? Will soap come out from her butt?" My response "Well... She should be fine dear. I do not believe you see soapy water come out of her butt. But if you do, I wish I can be there to see that! ???." Note: Don't worry I advised her what to do in case of any issues.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The first time my baby drank some soapy water when I was giving her a bath, I totally panicked. I was so worried about the kind of havoc it will create in her tummy. In the end, all is well. There were several such episodes and I learnt to chill a little.

4y ago

Yeah I get you. The mum was really serious until I had to inform her it was a joke and advised her of anything. Called her back and she said baby was fine. As new mums we are always scared about everything even on unnecessary things including myself when I became a mum. Every logic and everything you read in books or learned just flies out the door. Definitely had to keep telling myself to relax.

Super Mum

Heehee.. But for some mums, it can really be worrying because baby looks so fragile and vulnerable. I guess it’s good to reassure them:)

4y ago

Yeah it is. Don't worry I did explain to her what to look out for so this wasn't the whole conversation.

VIP Member

Lol back then i would also scrutinise the poo in case it was something abnormal

VIP Member

Most of us have gone through this 🙊🙈

😅guess most parents will panic.

Hope her baby is all done already

🤭🤭🤭

🤭