What should I do before I get pregnant to ensure a healthy pregnancy for me and my baby?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some things you can consider if you are trying to get pregnant: - See a doctor for a prepregnancy checkup: during which you can provide information such as family medical history. If you are on any long term medication, you can also check if those are safe during pregnancy. - If you smoke, quit smoking: Smoking seemed to be related to developmental issues for the fetus, such as birth defects and low birth weight. Smoking during pregnancy will also increase your risk of an ectopic pregnancy. It is also believed to be associated with infertility, which means it may lower your chances of getting pregnant. - Maintain a healthy and balanced diet and start taking prenatal vitamin: Prenatal supplement can help increase the level of folic acid in the body. This will help prevent birth defects such as spina bifida. Consult your doctor for recommendations. If you are open to trying TCM, it can also help in: - Improving sperm count and mobility (bring your husband along for the consultation) - Increasing the blood circulation in your reproductive organs - Balancing your hormones e.g. increasing progesterone and reducing andogens - Reducing dampness that can cause blockages like cysts and fibroids - Strengthening overall immunity - Fighting stress and improving emotional well-being - Reducing the side effects of IVF drugs - Lowering the risk of miscarriage You can consider going to Eu Yan Sang clinics, TCM Healthcare Medical Centre or Thong Chai Medical clinics. The TCM consultants will be able to advice you on what you could take to prepare your body for pregnancy.

Read more

1. Cut down caffeine Mommy can start reading the label of food to see how much caffeine is in your diet. It is good to start control on your caffeine intake pregnancy to avoid withdrawal after you're pregnant. Studies show that too much caffeine can trigger miscarriage. 2. Start taking prenatal supplement. Getting enough of vitamin B before and early on in pregnancy can reduce brain and spine birth defects by up to 70 percent. Multivitamin itself is packed with other nutrients crucial for a healthy pregnancy, like iron to prevent anemia and calcium for strong teeth and bones. 3. Exercise regularly It is important to start stress free and keep a healthy routine before pregnancy. Stress is often link to many pregnancy complication including miscarriage. It is good to exercise regularly to reduce stress and build a healthier body.

Read more

1) After conception, it is important to take folic acid which studies have shown can protect baby from spina bifida and other birth defects. But not many know that folic acid intake should start before conception. This will ensure that when you do get pregnant, you will have ample supply right from the get-go. 2) Quit any bad habits like smoking and excessive drinking. 3) Go easy on the seafood. This is personally a bummer for me cos I love seafood. But seafood is often linked to high mercury content and this heavy metal can accumulate in our fatty acids and remain in the body long enough to cause some harm after conception. So like everything else, seafood in moderation and for certain kinds, to totally stop during pregnancy such as shark, swordfish and raw fish.

Read more

i will suggest you make some very simple yet important changes in your lifestyle if you already have not taken care of these: 1. quit smoking and drinking, and definitely no substances 2. speak to your parents and in-laws to understand about any family medical history as this will help docs be aware if you are at risk of something 3. jot down all the medicines you are currently taking or have recently been prescribed 4. note all recent health issues you may have had 5. start eating healthy and quit or reduce your junk and processed food intake 6. do a basic health checkup for HIV, STDs, thyroid, CBC, RBC and so on 7. start exercising

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1914)

I'll suggest to see TCM : ) To check the yin and yang condition of your body..... if needed, the physician will prescribed some herbs to balance out the energy in ur body so tht u can have smooth pregnancy. : D

Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. Start consuming prenatal vitamins while starting to conceive.

Eat well, sleep on time, basically, get on a schedule. And yes, take prenatal vitamins as well.

Prenatal vitamins are essential. Please include folic acid as well

Maintain a healthy lifestyle and take ore natal vitamins