What if your husband is a mummy's boy? What if his mother is always wanting to be the first to know about anything and everything and controlling at the same time. What if you have already lost all respect and patience. What if?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I will insist to move. Secondly, IF he continues to report every single thing to his mother first, I will tell him nicely to sleep w his mother so he can always tell her immediately while facing her

Why get married in the first place if you can't accept it? They don't become mummy's boy after getting married. Anyway it takes about 3 years after moving out to stop being a mummy boy.

Read more
7y ago

I guess the need to get married has nothing to do with him being a mummy's boy. Each man is different in handling, and not uncommon to have a mummy boy is not limited to being hard to deal with a sg woman. Just that the man who doesn't prioritize will have a difficulty managing his own family. How long does it take a man to realize that? You mention 3 years, for some, it's never.

VIP Member

Then in the first place why do you married a mummy's boy ? IF everything also mum.. then so sorry i definitely insist moving out and i will leave such person alone.

7y ago

What you are facing is environmental changes.. It takes a few years. Moreover when couples first stayed together.. There will be conflicts so the guy might confine with people closer (mother friends and etc) There is an underlying issue with the relationship.. Work on that instead on labeling your husband as mummy boy. This is not uncommon because guy have a hard time handling sg woman in general.

I won't think of what if, what if can happen to any and everything. better to focus on the here and now.

I will then ask him. Do you want to ask your mummy first if we can divcore?

I did, I told him to sleep with his mother. I asked for a divorce too.

7y ago

Honestly speaking, in-law conflict is forever the unsolvable problem. Moving out is a good idea. It's better to stay nearby than staying together. Secondly, try to put yourself in your mother-in-law's shoes, she spent long years raising your husband just like you will spend many years holding your son to sleep daily. It's really hard to let go for the mother. And I'm sure if your husband were your son you wouldn't complain at all. Thirdly, once you move out, just tell your husband not to mention things that go on between him and his mother and when he comes back he focus on you and the kids. If you want your son to be filial, try to be nice to your mother-in-law.