Newborn essential - what to buy what not to

Im only 21 weeks, first time pregnant, but am already starting to browse thru and note down what needs to be bought for newborn and also for mummy. Can any experienced mummies help me look through my list and let me know if i missed out anything or if there is anything that is not needed. Thank you in advanced!

Newborn essential - what to buy what not to
7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I’m ftm with 3 weeks old newborn, personally I didn’t buy the following and so far doing fine without them: - Pacifier (PD said not recommended before 1 month old as breastfeeding not well established yet) - Electric swinger / bouncer - White noise - Lactation massager (can simply do warm compress and massage by hand) “Nipple silver shield” is referring to Silverette? I highly recommend it, can heal sore nipples very fast. If you buy this then you don’t need nipple cream. You can consider adding baby thermometer and nasal aspirator to the list.

Read more

definitely get a donut pillow if u r going for natural! if u dont mind using 'diaper' u should get kotex pad panties.. those helped alot especially when i feel so much pain below Get more epicool(ask from hosp to give u more) if not buy from shopee those are real good to cool down your wound

Read more

Bring more diapers and babies’ wet wipes! I didn’t expect to have emergency c sect and stayed abit longer in hospital so my private hospital has to charge me extra for babies’ diapers and wet wipes.

You're halfway there, mum! congratulations! This article might help you complete your list before baby arrives. https://sg.theasianparent.com/newborn-baby-needs-checklist

Add sunflower lecithin from Legendairy Milk to prevent clog ducts when breastfeeding!

Noticed there are electric and manual breast pump.. can ask why need both? 🫣 ftm here

1y ago

i settled on hands free electric pump but it seems most moms prefer to hand pump for a quick release like middle of the night engorgement. A popular one is Hakaa or just the huge handle pump kinds.

I find underpad very useful for changing diapers, and also nasal aspirator