Removing smoke residue

Any suggestions on how to remove cigarette smoke residue / particles from clothing? Just washed baby's bedsheets and smoker neighbour started smoking while the bedsheets are hung at service yard to dry... I know effects of third hand smoke is as bad as second hand smoke... whether there is any remedy instead of having rewashing the bedsheets since I dunno if the neughbour will smoke again after rewashing. Not sure which neighbour smoking since we know there are a couple smokers living below or above us, so hard to approach anyone to tell them stop smoking at windows.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unfortunately nothing can be done but to have either air purifier within home or washing and drying within living room with the fan on and away from window. I had a foldable clothing rack and I use that to dry for both my kids clothes or adult. I will also have multiple options of drying for either kids/adults. Along house corridor, kitchen window, kitchen dry pole, living room with foldable clothes rack or dryer. I do have smokers too however, I told them smoke away from baby clothes or somewhere else to avoid smoke residue smell stick to clothes. I also have air purifier and diffuser to keep entire house smell nice.

Read more