4mo hunger cues

What are the hunger cues for a 4mo now? My baby will make this frustrated "mmmmm" sound when she needs her diaper changed, hungry or tired. So everyday is trial n error. And half the time after heating ebm, she doesn't want the bottle. But neither does she look tired nor soiled her diaper On top of that, she gets v distracted by sights or sounds. Either that, she keeps wanting to sit up during feeding. It's really difficult feeding her now. And when i try to offer her the bottle again, she will cry and kick. Her overall milk intake has therefore decreased Worse, she fights bedtime every night even though she's clearly tired. The only time I don't have to deal w a fussy baby is when she drinks until she KO. Any mummies with similar experiences? Able to share what you did? Any advice would be good to make each passing day an easier one. Most nights i really feel damn defeated and tonight is one of those nights i feel like breaking down

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After feeling tricked by my baby many times, now If im unsure i will take his milk bottle and see if he truly sucking the teat. If he’s sucking then I will run to make milk for him. But cause I’m on formula so it doesnt take me long to prepare though. I also learnt that my baby .. sometimes didnt like me to carry and drink his milk. Maybe cause it was uncomfortable? I’m not sure, so sometimes he is being fed while lying down. i know it doesn’t sound right but my baby really prefers to drink it that way…then slowly he will drink and sleep. Oh my baby lazy to burp la so he will just doze off.

Read more
2y ago

I was given the same advice by another mama regarding this lying down method. I've tried! But sadly, although she cannot get up but she will still attempt to do so. And will cry if I don't help her to sit up 😅

my 2MO acts the same way now. Goodness.. when i thought i finally got into a rhythm, it's back to square 1 now. Hopefully it is just a phase... its coming to a week now. I'll calm her down and offer the bottle. if she still rejects, I'll calm her down again & repeat. if it's already past 3H or she cries badly but doesnt seem sleepy, then I'll trick her by giving pacifier then swap to a bottle. I'm tired too & miss the times when feeding was easy...

Read more
2y ago

Same...I know exactly how you feel. I went through what you went through during my LO's leap 4. She keeps fighting the bottle even though she wants to drink. Had to walk around and soothe her before attempting to feed her again. I miss the newborn stage too...where they just drink and sleep. It was so easy lol

My baby is currently 4 months too. And it’s exactly the same for his feeding habits now. Difficult to feed. Likes to look around so always have to carry him around while feeding him. Sometimes will push away the bottle after drinking some. So I usually let him take a break and walk around the house then try to continue. He’s unable to finish his milk sometimes too. I’m guessing does it got to do with teething? Is your baby teething ?

Read more
2y ago

One hand to carry and one hand to feed 😅 it’s not easy if baby is heavy. Sometimes we sing to him too. My baby will use his hands to push away the bottle. So sometimes I hold and play with his hands while my other hand holds the bottle. I’m ftm too. Did many try and errors. Sometimes I feel that my baby is teething (saw white bud) so he doesn’t want to drink milk. But sometimes I feel that he is just being playful . I agree that the best feeding is when baby sleeps.

having a 7 week old babe and tonight is a tough night too, extreme fussiness. just wanna let you know that many of us feel you. the days are long but years are short, hang real tight fellow mama.

2y ago

Thank you so much ❤️

sounds like a growth spurt? my boy was super fussy at that month. He refuses everything and it drove me crazy! It will pass, just give it time.

2y ago

Thank you, I hope it's just a phase too. 🙏🏻