What are the good vegetables to introduce for first puree? I want to introduce my baby with something not so sweet to begin with so that she experiments and tastes the other not-so-tasty-not-so-exciting veggies first.. 1) what leafy greens would u recommend and do we steam/puree them with breastmilk? 2) for avocado, just scoop it fresh n mash n add bm? do we need to steam it? TIA

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi for avocado you don't have to steam but I prefer to steam then mash. You can try broccoli, pumpkin, sweet peas and carrot. But for the initial Phase must really blend and purée it because vegetable sometimes have a lot of fiber , it may be hard to digest if you don't purée properly. I did not give those green leafy veggies at first. Only introduced to her after she started on porridge and she takes well to the taste. Greens like Cai Xin, spinach

Read more

Yes i agree not to start off with anything leafy. Instead go with broccoli and advocado puree. Steam the broccoli, advocado can be taken as it is. Mash and ensure that its is pureed at all times when you are feeding baby. You can also try sweet peas, baby carrots, potatos, pumpkin, lentils. All good options to start as babies first food.

Read more

I started off my LO with carrots. Then broccoli, zucchini .... Usually I dun mix with bm I want bb to taste the food originally. I haven feed green leafy veggies yet Avocado can be fresh or steam, up to u

VIP Member

Don't need to steam avacado. You can also do broccoli and avacado mash. I also gave by baby carrot, pumpkin, swede, sweat peas in her 6 months.