What do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Braxton-Hicks are 'false labor', it is a way to practice contractions that get your body ready for your baby’s arrival.  Signs you’re having Braxton-Hicks contractions include: -contractions that come and go -contractions that don’t get stronger or closer together -contractions that go away when you change position or empty your bladder Real contractions happen when your body releases a hormone called oxytocin, which stimulates your uterus to contract. You can tell that you’re in true labor when the contractions are evenly spaced (for example, five minutes apart), and the time between them gets shorter and shorter (three minutes apart, then two minutes, then one). Real contractions will also get more intense and painful over time.Some other signs when it is a real labour contractions:  - You will see "bloody show", mucus plug drops out  - You may feel like the baby has “dropped” lower in your belly - You may experience fluid leaking from your vagina (water breaks)  http://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/braxton-hicks-contractions-vs-real-contractions#2 For me, I downloaded smartphone Apps e.g. contractions tracker to track my pain interval. When the contractions are evenly spaced and shorter intervals, I am ready to go to hospital for labour.

Read more
8y ago

What's the name of the contraction app??? Can share?? I wld also like to ask if the initial contractions a mum has at home are quite unbearable, how to endure & still wait till the more intense ones to come before going to hospital?????? And good advice???

Even though i am a mother of two now, going thru braxton hicks during first pregnancy, but yet when it comes to my second pregnancy, i still can't differentiate which is the actual labour signs or it's just braxton hicks Its feel like your entire uterus is cramping(imagine a paper being crumpled) but the pain will not get stronger and more painful as time goes. Try moving around and get distracted. If the pain is so painful that you are unable to focus on doing anything, it could be a real labor contractions.

Read more
4y ago

When you experienced Braxton Hicks constantly like for 4 days when should you be expecting the real labour should it be maybe a week after or will it be long before the real labour start