What confinement practices are you planning to do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say rest as much as possible during confinement period, to let the wound heal well and to generate more milk supply. I was running around during 2nd child confinement due to elder one has hfmd and i need to place my newborn at my relative place. Thus, I don't get rest enough and milk supply is very little. Now i am pregnant with no.3 gynae commented that my womb has dropped very low and now i can feel the effects. Old folks told me numerous times please rest well during confinement and now i know it has the reasons behind. Thus, for the coming confinement I will do the following: - wear long sleeves and socks and avoid direct fan blow. - bathe only after 5days delivery of my baby. Wash head after 1 week, but only 3x a week. I try to minimize to touch water as much as possible. So i will not bath my newborn and will let my MIL and mom do it. - i will engage massage lady to help me to expel blood from my body and heal faster. - i will try to take more confinement food with wine and gingers so to make my body warm and healthy in future. Drink as much red dates tea as possible too.

Read more