What common mistakes do parents make? Do also describe what the consequences of those mistakes tend to be

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me personally is "letting go"; i am a very sensitive and lack of confidence person due to my upbringing. Hence, I often over protective of my kids. Lucky, my husband is there to point out to me and encourage me to trust my kids. Great to see the growth of confidence and self esteem in them now. I won't say it is a mistake but a learning process for my Husband and myself to learn to understand my children (both strengths and weaknesses) to guide and support them in the manner they understand most.

Read more
TapFluencer

i believe,or at least for me, is not realizing how bless i am to be given a chance to be a mum to this beautiful lo. at times, under circumstances, ive forgot abt this and i will start to think or even act negatively. but once i realise this, i know every sweat , tears , heartache and headache is totally worth it.

Read more

I think a common mistake parents and me make is to lose our temper too easily. Children learn by observation - so we are teaching our kids to be just as angry and to lose thier temper quickly too

I think a common mistake is when we lose our patience. Then again it can't be helped can it?

VIP Member

I guess releasing my anger on my kids. resulting in the kids getting scared of me at times

I can't my anger on the kids sub conciously and I feel so guilty afterwards.