What is best to use as storage for breastmilk? Storage bags, trays or cups?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I prefer storage bags. Storage cups take up way too much space. I used storage bag, and even 1 upright freezer is not enough. Can’t imagine how many freezers i’ll need if i were to use storage bottles. If you decide to use storage bags, you can consider getting Ameda. It’s on promo now. I like this kind of storage bags because the portion whereby you write baby’s name etc is at the top flap. So don’t have to worry about the ink seeping through into the bag and contaminating the milk or anything. https://welovesupermom.com/products/asn-4205-510-ameda-storen-pour-breast-milk-storage-bags

Read more
Post reply image

I believe most pumping moms who go to work use disposable storage bags. If you want to keep a bigger stash, you may want to use one as it doesn't take up so much space in the fridge. I just use storage cups, too. Looney Tunes and Bebeta are a few of the cheapest but quality brands that I know of

My wife uses Avent storage cups since we like the reusable ones. She doesn't pump all the time, only when it's needed whenever we go out. It can also be used as a food storage when your baby has started eating solids and you have to keep his meal handy when going out.

VIP Member

Storage bags for freezing. If it’s keeping daily stash for drinking within the same day, usually I’ll just keep it in storage bottles - reduce plastic waste. Depends how much you pump, how fast your baby consumes too.

Read more

storage bags or bottle. if you're sending to babysitter better you bottle so that you know the bottle she use is cleaner the one you've provided

VIP Member

cups. cos I don't have a lot of milk. so I will combine till can hold one pack. then I transfer to storage bag.

VIP Member

if will be consumed within 2 days i will use storage container (cup), if freezing will use milk bag.

VIP Member

I think storage bags are the best. it will save up some space in your Freezer

I’m using Autumnz storage bag for space saving and convenient. :)

Storage bags, save space and light weight .