What are safe baby products to hand down to would-be mothers? My baby is growing fast and so we have lots of baby items that are just cluttering the home.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Bulky items like playpens, bouncers, high chairs, cots and strollers would be very appreciated. Hand me down clothes (without obvious stains or holes), accessories and toys are welcomed as well. If you have used bottles, the would-be parents can use them for bottle trade ins at baby fairs as well. Some mothers accept leftover unused disposable diapers as well. Things which are not safe to pass down include carseats which have been in accidents, used pacifiers, mattresses, teethers, towels and bath toys.

Read more

Baby furniture like changing tables, dressers, storage containers and toys (all cleaned and sterilized of course) are stuff you can give away. My friend had so many new baby gift sets that ended up being unused because baby grew so fast so she gave those away as well.

Most of the people choose to bless baby's clothes to friends/relatives/needy people. Other items that are safe to give away such as bathtub, highchair, playpens/baby cot, bouncer should be checked on its condition before giving away.

Items which are safe to pass down include - playpen - stroller - crib - baby's cot - bassinet/cradle - rocker - walker - yaolan - used clothes - high chair - playmat - toys except Teether - bouncer

Read more

Anything that is not for consumption like bottles, teats and feeding utensils. Anything that is not contaminated with bodily fluids like disposable diapers or towels. The rest seems safe enough to pass down.

Items that you can safely hand down to mother-to-be: - Clothing, shoes, hats that are still in good condition - Books - Toys - Playpens

Read more
VIP Member

Clothes, furniture, books, stroller are some good things to pass to another family

thanks