Left legs / hands numb/cramps using maternity pillow.

Week 17. I'm using the clevamama maternity pillow sleeping on the left side with legs bent exactly as shown in the pic. But I ended up waking with numbs and cramps despite using a maternity pillow on the left legs and left hands. Am I putting too much pressure/weight on the left hands/legs while sleeping on left position ? As a result I find it very hard to sleep as I keep tossing and turning on bed due to numbs/cramps Is that normal ? Does pregnant and sleeping on left side causes difficulty in sleeping?

Left legs / hands numb/cramps using maternity pillow.
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I use pillows and cushions since I have a lot of it. And I find that it’s better since I’m not ‘fixed’ to one position. 1 to elevate head higher 1 to put under tummy 1 between knees 2-3 to keep legs elevated Most of the time all my pillows fly away except for the one under my head and legs (I’ll subconsciously grab the leg pillows back) 😂. But yeah, never had any numbness nor cramps from sleeping (only leg cramps when I do a big morning stretch😵‍💫). No water retention problem as well. When you enter third trimester, left right back probably won’t feel comfortable anymore. By then you can try to sit up straight (because cannot breathe) to sleep then let your body auto slide down.

Read more

oh I feel the same! numbness sometimes when sleeping on my side. but it happens regardless whether I use the maternity pillow. so what I will do is to prop myself up and recline to sleep until I slowly slide down

I use the same pillow too, but I don’t place my arm under the pillow and use a smaller pillow for my arms. So far no cramps. You can try this method :)

TapFluencer

I use the same Clevamama pillow and didn’t face any issues. I do shift during the night and sometimes wake up to pee, so maybe that helps

Ure not alone mummy!!! Im at 30 weeks now n to find the best position to sleep is soooo HARD.