Sleeping on left side making a shift in my body shape?

Hi mummies and experts, I read that pregnant mums are encouraged to sleep on their left side. I'm starting my second trimester and have been sleeping on my side early into pregnancy every night (using a maternity long pillow). But over time, I found that my body is oddly distributed: more lob-sided on my left side with a small bulge of flesh? Not sure if it's due to the position of the fetus or my shifting organs. So I look like a mild 'S' from the front with that tiny bulge. Wondering if mummies out there also experience the same?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's actually ok to sleep on whatever side that is comfortable for you. Just don't sleep on your tummy or your back, flat. I tried to sleep on my left but with terrible heartburn, it gets very uncomfortable even on any side so I will keep changing sides until I can sleep. Gets really uncomfortable when you're in your 3rd tri. You'll toss and turn until you get the right position. Sometimes I will sleep on my back but elevated with pillows. 1 mth pp today.

Read more

as long as your baby is healthy and happy inside your body, don't worry much abt the shape of your body, it will return to normal after delivery. (: