Contact lens

Can you wear contact lens when giving birth? Did anyone did that when giving birth? I feel more comfortable with wearing contact lens......

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, as per normal don't when you or over overly long hours. Coloured contacts are usually less permeable to oxygen, so less oxygen pass through air to your eyes. This may cause formation of blood vessels as vessels form to deliver oxygen instead

No contact lens allowed inside operating theater. In the event of an emergency or doctor needs to give you full anesthesia, you got no time to remove your lens. Nurses will ask you to remove before delivery.

I wear contact lens when giving birth to 1st born. Mine was natural delivery with no epidural. Nurses and midwife didnt say anything about having to take them off.

5y ago

That’s good to know!

VIP Member

I wore my contact lenses when giving birth! I brought the solution + case just in case nurses ask to remove... but nope! Me too more comfortable wearing lenses..

5y ago

Great! Think I’m going to do that

TapFluencer

Erm sure. But your eyes may get dry and irritated and you may forget to remove them once you get caught up with birth of baby etc.

VIP Member

Just wear it, if you tear alot and felt uncomfortable. Remove it. I'm going to do the same thing.

5y ago

Yes really feel like wearing contact as it’s more comfortable

My contractions started in the wee hours. Couldn’t even change to contact lens. Lol!!

I think you wont be thinking of wearing contact lenses when the contractions begin.

TapFluencer

Usually doctor would recommend removing contact lens before surgery

Nothing wrong with wearing them.