newborn milk bottle

hi was wondering how many milk bottles i should standby for my NB. currently i have dr brown’s 2 x 270ml Blue Bottles with Level 1 Teat & 1 x 150ml Blue Bottle with Level 1 Teat. is this sufficient? tia!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Will you be breastfeeding as well? Or purely doing bottle feeding? If it’s the latter, I think 3’s not enough because you’ll still need to wash and accumulate a few before you sterilise them for the next use. My LO has 1-2 bottle feeds a day (direct latching for the rest), so 3 bottles is enough.

I bought 8 bottles of 125ml natural avent philips. (Comes in a set with the bigger bottles. so i grab it) 4 to be place at my mums hse, 4 at mine. Haha.. cos im sending baby over to mums place after maternity.. dont want to bring bottles here n there..

Super Mum

Should be enough. Have to see whether your newborn is used to the bottles first before getting more. Some NBs are more fussy with bottles. So it's a trial and error :)

I am using 2 slow teat bottles for my NB, have another 2 medium flow ones on standby. On mixed feed and it's been ok so far; we use steriliser v often in a day.

We bought Philips Avent stater kit set as a start. My wife also bought 2x Pigeon bottles later on as well.

2 feeding bottles, washed and steralized after each feed

TapFluencer

I had about 2! Then the rest were storage for bm.

VIP Member

No need so many bottles...they outgrow very fast

VIP Member

I think 6 or got to keep sterilising

If FM feeding, it's not enough.