NB Milk Bottle

First-time mom here. I don't really know the difference across the different brand milk bottle except that based on just touching it, Avent teat seems to be softer? 1. Which brand of milk bottle is your newborn using? 2. Any consideration when deciding on the brand to get? Thank you!

NB Milk Bottle
13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1. Avent and Tommee Tippee. 2. Anti colic for new born is very important. PPSU is better material and can use up to 1 year! but some babies have good appetite and new to change it maybe after 4 months+. So you may consider PP material for new born which is cheaper. I use 5 bottles for new born as tiring to wash and steriseli every feed.

Read more
Super Mum

Sometimes the baby will choose the bottles not us 😅. I tried a lot of different types but she rejected everything except for medela and Dr brown bottles. There's not much difference so just trial and error and stick with whichever your baby likes!

1) My NB is using pigeon soft touch ppsu, avent and dr brown. Dr brown is apparently good for colicky babies. We bought 1 avent glass bottle but its quite heavy and not so idea for my bb. so we stick to ppsu bottles. 2)no brand consideration.

1. Hegen 2. good design, easily available (Kiddy palace, Isetan, and etc) and easy for husband to use (no need to screw cap on, just press to close!) and of course, easy to wash (wide neck)

Mam for anti colic. (Teats are harder) but when its improved, changed to Tommie tippee. Softer teats and has anti colic bottles too. My son doesnt like Avent at all.

Pigeon. My daughter was born very premature (<34 wks) and had to stay in NICU for a while. The nurses there started her off on Pigeon and we’ve continued with it.

VIP Member

My baby been using Dr Brown since birth, got 2 additional parts to wash but very good for anti colic! My baby has no colic issue since birth!

pigeon wide neck. choose as near to your nipple shape. bought Avent colic previously but kept leaking when he drinks so changed to pigeon.

Philips Avent and Hegen. Both the smallest teats. Baby seems to take both well, but drinks slower with Hegen (and less gassy)!

Avent natural teats. Advise to buy a few types as it is your LO that determines which is his/her favourite and stick to it.