How many bottles do I need?

My wife and I have gone around collecting different baby bottles like Hegen, Avent and Tomme Tipee with varying teat sizes the past months. We have so many bottles now but I do not know in reality when the baby comes, how many will we actually need for each teat size. We probably want to standby the different brands in case LO does not like a particular one, so would you recommend that if he likes a certain brand we just stick to that bottle and teat? If so, how many bottles/teats do you guys have for each stage? eg 3 teats for stage 1, etc. thank you!! #firstbaby #firsttimemom #advicepls #firstmom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have 1 of each (TT/Dr Brown/Hegen/Avent), baby prefers Avent. I use 4 bottles for newborn stage, all slowest flow (do note for Avent, you have to purchase size 0 seperately as the one that comes with the bottle is size 1). As my baby is fully bottle fed, 4 bottles is enough as I wash every 1-2 feeds. If intending to latch most of the time, 2 bottles is good enough. For teats, just get the same amount as bottles. Teats don’t have to upsize so quickly especially if on bm. Just buy as baby grows.

Read more

I used to receive Avent, Tommee Tippee and Hegen. Baby accepted Hegen and for this brand, you can refer to the teat stage. For eg stage 0, I would buy just 1 teat since it’s only gonna take a month to stage 1. As for the bottle, I wouldn’t recommend the 60ml, at least the 150ml is better because it can be used longer. I would buy 2 sets of bottles and spare teats. Hope this helps!

Read more
Post reply image

I only have 1 milk btl as of nw. Then i will just put the breast milk in the storage packet only each time i pump

I bought avent glass bottles. I bought 4sets… but should’ve went with just 2.