Rs with husband salty after having baby

Just wanted to rant, as a first time working mum and still adapting to the changes. Ever since my baby was born, till now 4m, i feel like my rs with husband is mostly on the salty bad side. It’s always us being triggered, arguments, quarrelling and fighting. I always feel like im not being appreciated or loved at all. Like i had a very bad traumatic long labour which ended up in csect, even after all the sacrifices i put myself and my body through, i still dont feel appreciated. My husband rarely hugs me, cuddle or even hold hand. I feel distant. We’re both working office hrs (there are times when he need to ot till night), and when back from work, need to fetch baby from infant care and by the time we’re back home we’re already so tired and out of energy. Even on weekends its very tiring. Due to always being tired and lack of sleep, we’re always triggered over the smallest things. Even when we’re out with just both of us without baby, we would end up fighting. So pls dont recommend date nights itll never work esp with baby and us wanting to stay home due to tiredness I always feel very lonely and sad. I want to be loved and appreciated. And no point bringing it up to my husband cs will end up huge fight. Any mummies also going thru this and does it get better?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hang in there. It will get better. At least for me. I had almost the same problem, but instead of infant care I hired a helper before I went back to work when my 1st born was 6 months old. I had to do everything for the 6 months too. Then he started playgroup. Housework, washing of bottles, blah blah all the helper do. So much better. When you have to breastfeed, pump and wash the bottles. It's hell. But I appreciate my hubby for doing the rest of the housework. Now I'm pregnant with my daughter and my boy is coming to 4yo. My sweet boy just recently said to me "I give you all my love". That just melts away all the unhappiness and fatigue. My boy hugs and kisses me more than my hubby. 🤣 It's not easy for mummies.. but it is worth it ☺️I hope this makes you feel better. Try to think of the good things instead.

Read more