When shld you tell your boss about pregnancy?

Hi all, just want to know if most of you tell your bosses about yr pregnancy only after 12 weeks or as soon as you have your first gynae check?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think bosses would appreciate if you inform them as soon as possible so that they can make arrangements for your maternity leave especially. Do keep in mind that you will have to go for baby appts throughout your whole pregnancy which you’ll have to take AL or MC and might get morning sickness which might lead to MC again..so I’d rather my boss know of my pregnancy early so that he/she will understand if I’m not able to come to work the next day. Also, some bosses are kind enough to lessen your workload or might give you early release when you’re pregnant so I guess that’s a good one right there. Whenever you feel is the right time to tell your boss, just do so. I’d say majority will tell right after they found out they’re confirmed pregnant.

Read more

I told my bosses when I found out I was pregnant so that they allow me to wfh during first trimester or lighten my workload as I was having cramping and all day sickness. I wanted to tell them after my first trimester but my sister advised me to just inform them so they can do necessary arrangement because first trimester is the most crucial period. In case need to carry heavy stuff or work ot etc. :)

Read more

i inform my boss next day after i know im pregnant... as i working as retail line... i need to carry stock,climbing up and down the ladder to take stock... then they can arrange my working schedule for not working too much full shift etc.. so to fair and safe. So just incase u need to go for checkup and take maternity leave as they need to plan for the manpower to cover you incase anything.

Read more

I told my boss when I was 8 weeks, after first scan. I am a primary school teacher so they appreciated the early notification so they can do deployment planning in advance.

My boss was the second person who knew about my pregnancy (next to my Husband, ofcourse!)- my tummy was around 2 weeks that time as soon as I had my first gynae check. :)

My boss found out only when I was almost seven months into my pregnancy 😅😅😅

As soon as I knew I was pregnant