How to announce your pregnancy to colleagues?

Silly question but I'm really awkward haha don't know how to tell people about my pregnancy 😝. I'm 13 weeks pregnant, already told my bosses but no idea how to tell my colleagues! I have a close group of colleagues and we meet up often but I feel it's so awkward to just say I'm pregnant out of the blue. I want to let them know first before announcing widely on Facebook etc. But how? Do you send mass message to the group, or just tell each person privately? How formal do you make it? Help pls!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

In my first job, when one of my colleague was pregnant she informed our lady manager first. We used to have short weekly team meetings. So after one such meeting, the manager announced that she also has a good news to share. The details like which month all was then shared by the colleague. Some colleagues have shared themselves as well during the meetings if they are expecting or getting married or getting HDB key (any good news in short) 😊 But we were really close group. The news will get spread to other teams eventually

Read more

I only told a few of my colleagues cause they somehow knew. The rest eventually knew when they saw my baby bump. Didn’t announce pregnancy on social media cause it was my first and I wanted it to be an intimate one. Depends on individual on how you want to announce it; either casually texting the group or when you guys meet. Don’t have to be so formal.. it’s a happy news to share! It’s exciting if I were to find out about my colleague’s pregnancy too 😊

Read more

personally I don't find the need to announce my pregnancy to people out of my immediate family. when I got pregnant, I informed my immediate superior for ML purposes and so he understands when I need to take MC once a mth for check up. for everyone else, I don't deny when asked, but I don't announce it either.. slowly everyone knows through office gossips 😅

Read more
VIP Member

And for my overseas friends whom I'm close with I shared through a WhatsApp group chat. Just posted a pic of "Baby in progress" with the caption 'to be completed by April 2021' 😊 Some replied in the group message while some replied individually. Accordingly I shared details like which week currently, how's the feeling, etc etc. 😊

Read more

Hahaha i just told my colleagues “guys, im pregnant”