Wanna start semi solid for my lo soon. May i know if once start, need to give every day? I just wanna test it out first...also which are the recommended puree to start first? Feel like avocado or pumpkin or apple ..is it ok for a start? Also what is the amt to give each time? How abt frequency? One day once? My lo will be 6mo

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start with purees or cereals. Either one is fine. For me I started with avocado, sweet potatoes then I tried brown rice and oatmeal cereals. After that butternut Squash, nectarine, Apple, mango, peas, potatoes, carrots, prunes, pears and bananas. She has also tried broccoli and kale once she hit six and a half months. I feed her once a day for first two weeks then after that until now is twice a day. One for lunch and one for dinner. Started with a tablespoon of puree or cereal then after three days I increase to two tablespoons. Now my girl takes about four tablespoons of puree or cereals. She is 7 months end of August. Already eating mixed purees with cereals now. I started to wean her at five months. Tried new food every three days.

Read more

Hi there, you can introduce the solids gradually -- which is always the best because baby will learn how to get used to the taste and feel of the new foods better that way. At your baby's age, reckon he or she will probably eat half or one spoonful in the first few feedings. It will increase along the way as baby gets used to the new foods. As for frequency, it's really up to you -- some mommies give them a tiny serving per meal time while some will try a full serving once a day when they just started and increase along the way. My friends usually start out with carrots, avocados and sweet potatoes. But your suggestions of pumpkins and apples sound good too but be sure to cook them down till they are mushy and palatable to baby.

Read more
Post reply image

Don't need to feed food Everyday initially, just some taste here and there. Then slowly 1 meal a day and then 2 and by 8 months u can have 3 meals. Amount is just 2-3 tablespoon for first week. Avocado is good first food to start. :)

you don't need to feed everyday. best to have an established routine. I would say it depends very much on your personal routine.