My two-year-old is still not talking yet. My wife is worried her has a problem. Should we consult a doctor?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Can she make lots of different sound instead of 1 tone? Does she chew her food? My girl is late bloomer, but she start talking like a parrot at about 2.5years old. But that is with the advise given by my friend of how to make her open mouth. -whistle -blow bubbles -chew more different type of food ( preferably apple those type of a bit hard fruits instead of soft one.) - train her say "Ah", "Woo" and "Eee" This is to help her open her mouth. If not, you may bring her to see speech therapist to help you to make them Open their mouth and talk.

Read more

I feel your concern. As a 2 yo toddler, she should be able to blabber or talk incessantly. I will suggest for u to bring child to seek medical opinion and to even refer to a speech therapist. It might turn out to be that she is a late bloomer. However, to ease the worries of parents, I feel you should seek professional help if in doubt.

Read more

My daughter started at 2.5 years old while all her friends are talking really well, but my husband and I are from different countries so we speak 4 languages at home and I think the child was confused. If your family speak more than one language that could be the case as well ( now she’s 5 and she doesn’t stop talking)

Read more

same with my baby. he's 2 years old but still hasn't talk much. we already consult him to neuro developmental Pedia and we were saving up for his MRI, Creatinine and EEG test for his brain activity. if you are worried, better to ask your pedia for immediate solution. early intervention helps a lot.

3y ago

Sorry but does he have lack of eye contact? is it autistic related?

I am Speech Therapist from India.I can take online Speech Therapy classes Are u still looking for Speech Therapy classes? If you are still looking for Speech Therapy classes, Reply with your WhatsApp number to discuss about the class in WhatsApp....

Read more
VIP Member

It's normal naman po I think. Kasi may mga kakilala din ako 3 yrs old na pero may words na not clear pa din. Worried lang tayo kasi naikukumpara natin sa iba pero okay lang yan mommy kasi iba iba ang development nila kaya wag na po magworry 😊

VIP Member

i asked a frd which is speech therapy teacher b4, she said 1yo shld b able to say at least 1 word while 2yo shld b able to say at least 2 words. else pls seek help

same with my son. we have him checked up by a Neuro Dev Pedia and she was advised us to get MRI, EEG, and creatinine tests.

I advise you see a doctor. A 2 year old baby should be walking already.

TapFluencer

my boy only started talking well after 3yo... super talkative now đŸ˜