baby brain damage using yaolan

Is it true that letting baby to sleep in swing cot (yaolan) can cause brain damage to baby? What's the difference between motor swing and hand swing in term of the damage?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Erm no A lot of us actually grew up on it Don’t think we suffered any brain damage It’s a gentle motion Not harsh not fast Motor swing and yaolan diff? 1 no need effort - motor powered 1 - u have to rock it yourself

Read more
VIP Member

Umm i don't think the swinging motion would cause brain damage. But if baby rolls and drops out of the yaolan, the impact on the floor might. The cautions around yaolan usually revolves around this part.

VIP Member

Eh, baby is not sitting in a swing. When in yaolan u dont actually vigorously shake baby. Just light movements to help baby sleep

TapFluencer

My baby has been in yaolan since 1 month old till now 13 month she's so active and learn thing so fast no such saying.

Super Mum

If it is, many will hv brain damage alrdy including me. I guess use with caution. Dont swing like until so hard.

4y ago

Hahaha😂make sense

Super Mum

I don't think it's true. But I always set the motor to the minimum when I'm using.

No, just don't swing too hard. I put a big cushion underneath as precaution.

My aunt hand swing my little cousin before, so far nothing happened.

Super Mum

I guess as long as don't drop baby on floor, no worries about damage

TapFluencer

only gentle not vigorous swings in yaolan so no