Tried BLW the 2nd week. She seems like enjoy the food and almost finish them in first week. But in 2nd week she seems like not interested the food and start throwing food on floor. If she is having not enough solids then she will need breastfeeding more frequently. It will be very tiring for me to prepare food, clean up everything and breastfeed her. How should I teach her having food properly? She's now 10month old.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There may be various factors that would affect how baby react to solids. Teething or feeling unwell are some common examples. Apart from these, it could just be baby changing her preferences (which is very common too!). There is no other way about this apart from persevering through and keep experimenting with different tastes and textures. Not sure if your are fully on BLW, perhaps you can try offering finger food as snacks first to minimize the cleaning up for now. Also, try having the meal with her to encourage her to eat with you. Babies love mimicking their parents and this may help. It can be tiring and frustrating.. but hang in there! All the best!!

Read more

Have you been serving her the same food in those 2 weeks? A friend of mine did that and her baby got tired of the same old food after a while. If you are indeed serving the same kinds of foods, maybe you can mix it up a little. Include various veggies, fruits and other finger foods. Also, you don't have to just stick with BLW, you can mix it up a little with porridges, purees and cereals. Letting baby experiment with textures, different tastes and types of foods will make her less likely to reject food, in my opinion.

Read more