My toddler just started going to school. And I'm really having a difficult time asking him to do his assignments. Is there any way we can make doing assignments more fun?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

learning is best practiced when doing play for toddlers. since they are easily distracted by a lot of things, somehow, it is hard for them to really focus on doing certain tasks such as their homeworks. what you could do is to always time it during his/her good mood--make sure it is not close to his/her sleeping time as it will be a lot harder to keep him/her focused. prepare some good and healthy snacks too when he/she is doing the assignments. this will make him/her more active.

Read more

According to a website I've read, first, start off in making your place homework-friendly. Contain in there all the essentials like papers, pencils and other stuff. Best to keep the area distraction-free for a productive day. Second is to establish a schedule that suits your toddler well. Some kids participate actively during the afternoon while others do so at night. You can read more tips here: http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/homework.html

Read more