How do y'all cope?

I've a newborn of 9 days and a toddler of 2½ years old . How do y'all cope when your toddler just decides to have tantrums , meltdowns , not wanting to listen to you , not wanting to go school? My husband is on paternity leave till end month and I wonder how I'm going to cope. This past week has been easygoing with baby but toddler has been showing some tantrums and doesn't want to go to school. 😭 It's so difficult now to wake him up even though he sleeps at 10am and has to wake up at 8am. I'm a c sect mummy and honestly, I feel like I need more time to heal. Im not even doing confinement like I planned to. Toddler doesn't seem jealous of sister as he's quite involved in everything concerning her. We include him when we're doing things with his sister. Just that now , it's difficult for me to 'control' his tantrum. He used to listen whenever we ask him to keep his toys / shower / wake up. But now , even a simple task of keeping his unplayed toys is a nightmare. 😮‍💨 Is this just a phase ? Can mummies share with me on y'all cope on days yr kids have meltdowns? I don't have any extra help from family members and I have zero friends. My routine is the same old every other day , wakeup , breastfeed, nap , settle toddler , settle baby , house chores , cook etc. I'm home all the time and sometimes I feel like my mind is going haywire especially if toddler throws tantrum. I dont want to scold him but at times I can't help it. Need advise 🙏😭

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal for toddler to show tantrum once they have a newborn within the house. They will act any silly ways to gain attention from both parents. However, we can do nice approach or ask your spouse to tackle him instead of you. Why? Because you mentioned he will end PL end mth and you need to recover from C Section. It can also be tiring to juggle alot of things but do one thing at a time and of course you and spouse need to work hand in hand. You can also start telling your toddler whats right and wrong and doing it together with him, giving assurance that it is okay to show tantrum but with limits. They are at their terrible two tantrums but we need to guide and educate them. Slowly but surely. When the newborn asleep, you can also spend time with him like reading, playing toys, watching educational videos, etc Hope this helps one way or another but don't me mad as it works differently for all parents to tackle their own child needs

Read more

cane works wonders. u dont want to scold him and thats the result u deserve

following this post. need advice for this as well.