Baby Still Fussing

Its tiring for us that the whole night baby didnt have a proper sleep. She only sleep about 10mins and wake up from it, she drank milk like as if its hard for her to swallow at first (or like being force) but after few try its fine. Burping her its hard as she will stiften her whole body (when seating down). She prefer to be carry then puttin down to sleep. Seeing her like this pain me that she might be tired but coulr be somethinh bothering her (we suspect she got reflux or colic). We did everythinh but it doesnt help. LO just 1 month and we try everything in the internet . Its exhausting.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Poor thing... Here are some things you may want to consider or try: 1. Baby sounds scared and insecure when sleeping in the bed, hence she’s waking up quickly and calms down when you carry her. A tight swaddle may help at this age to make her feel safe. I found the zip swaddle very useful. White noise may also help a little. 2. If she’s not willing to latch and you feel you’re forcing her, perhaps she needs comfort more than milk at that moment. Sometimes when they’re very agitated, they also don’t latch well. They start latching after they’ve calmed down a little. Sometimes they also don’t latch because they’re too hungry and screaming too much. Same thing.. Calm baby down by cuddling/rocking/walking around first, then try latching again. 3. At night, I find that if baby’s not uncomfortable, forget about the burping. It makes them alert and scared and uncomfortable, so they stiffen up, sometimes cry and then regurgitate the milk back out. If you want to burp her, try carrying her and burping her over your shoulder instead, so she feels safe and comfortable. It can be really exhausting, especially when you don’t know what baby wants. Baby’s also really scared and doesn’t know how to communicate her needs except to cry, so please be patient with her. Hope things get a little better soon:)

Read more
4y ago

Hi cherlyn, thanks for the advice. Baby cries can lose our head sometime expecially when at night when we are tired, sleepy and doesnt know what else to do. We did swaddled/burp her on shoulder still yet cry. I Guess it just acid reflux or colic and hopefully its goes away soon.

TapFluencer

Use a carrier to sooth baby down and whwn baby deep sleep put her on bed or use yao lan

4y ago

we did sway her till she asleep but once we place her down, she auto awake and cry hard. 😔 We have this rocking cradle but that doesn help at all so not sure if yao lan help.