1 month old baby not sleeping in the day

My baby is 1 month and 5 days, and the past few days after her feeding (expressed breastmilk) she will show signs of sleepiness and we will carry her until she dozes off. But once we put her down in the cot, she will wake up. Or sometimes she doesn’t sleep at all after a feed. Any mommies have similar problem? We suspect she has gas but she burps after feeding. She fusses for a while but when we rock her she will calm down. Is it colic? Or something else? #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby will only go in deep sleep if he has enough milk. He is turning 7 weeks in a few days. If he has not enough milk, he will fuss and can't sleep well. Then occasionally we just give him a little more milk just to make him happy. Don't follow strictly to the feeding schedule. Also has to make sure he is comfortable. My advice, make sure Ur baby is fully satiated. As they grow, their intake increases so u have to keep that in mind. And it's normal for them to fuss alot when you put them down. These babies are so smart they know when u no longer hold them. It's a natural feeling to want to be held. It is said babies don't know they are a separate person till they are 6mth old so they love to be held and cuddled all the time to feel safe. Only worry if your babies cries alot during the day then probably it's gas or colic. She just wants her mummy.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes. Give it a few more weeks. She will start recognising and playing soon too. That’ll get her tired.

VIP Member

hi mummy! believe baby is still getting used to our world. have u tried swaddling?

1y ago

Yes! Swaddled her but still tough to get her to stay asleep in the cot. So now it seems like she sleeps well in her rocker during the day 😅 and night time she’ll sleep in her cot