Hello, for those with episiotomy or vagina tearing stitches, how do you all take care of the area?

Hello, for those with episiotomy or vagina tearing stitches, how do you all take care of the area? Do you all wash each time pee or poop ? Sitz bath or just pat dry ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As everyone said after every visit to bathroom wash and pat dry it. You can sometimes put the cooling pad. Sit in warm water for 10-15 min. Take more rest don't walk around at all that is a key point to recover soon. My doctor gave me a cooling gel to put in that area but I forgot the name. If it's too painful take painkiller once a day until the paint starts fainting. Definitely keep the area dry as much as possible. If you are still bleeding change your pads frequently and again wash and dry the area before you place the new pad.

Read more

I use water to wash each time and pat dry. After pee or poop. Can use perineal spray also. Put in fridge…I Use epikool. But effect last less than an hour and quite expensive. Mine was very swollen and pain. In hosp They fill the condom with water and freeze it. Wrap it with paper towel and apply below.

Read more

Do sitz bath with epsom salt, twice a day for 15 to 30 mins. You can also use epikool pad to reduce swollen or make it numb on the stitches if any. Alternatively, to use a pink wash (if you can endure stinging pain)

1y ago

You can click on this link to see the pink liquid wash which you can get at polyclinic pharmacy (I shared this tips with another mum) : https://community.theasianparent.com/q/healing-vaginal-stitches-first-time-mum-had-vaginal-stitches-during-delive/4558783?d=android&ct=q&share=true

Wash each time u pee or poop is the best.Wash in cool water.Keep the area clean & dry.Eat food high in protein & high in Vit C to recover fast.Don't walk too much.

Sitz bath twice a day for 15-20m. Morning and night. After every pee/poo, wash with warm water and pat dry. Very important to keep the area clean