Care to share which type of baby detergent you all are using? Do you mummies hand wash or throw all the clothes into washing machine separated from adult clothes? Can use softlen together with baby detergent or baby detergent is enough?

71 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am using Kodomo detergent for hand wash if i need some quick wash for my baby. Kodomo do smell nice and have lotsa bubbles which is not suitable for front load washing machine. For machine wash, i am using pureen detergent as well as the softener as its more suitable for my front load washing machine. I will separate baby's clothes with adult's clothes during washing just for hygiene as well as not to irritate baby's delicate skin.

Read more

I’m using Tollyjoy and hand washing the batch in prep for my NB coming soon but am considering a small portable washing machine for baby clothes in case many washes are needed as I heard mummies sharing 4 washes minimum per day, or even after every wash for babies that vomit milk after each feed. Will not mix with adult clothes or put separately into normal washing machine just in case

Read more

Im using kodomo detergent for my both boys. for my house when i was young my mum always hand wash all clothing . come to me now yes even till now all clothing is hand wash . I will separate my LO and adult clothing in different pill. good part for hand wash is all clothing last longer as will not have the old old look. and other is it save Water = save electric bill

Read more

something my parents always say to me nv wash ur baby clothes with your own. you cant imagine the amount of dirt and dust that u've accumulated from your workplace on your clothes and if u cant wash it thoroughly it will stick onto ur baby clothes. Also i believe the recommended detergent would be tollyjoy. not too ex and quite user frenly.

Read more
VIP Member

Baby detergent is enough. Tollyjoy liquid baby detergent & ABC baby washing powder is my favourite option as they are gentle enough for the baby clothes & also quite economical in price. Hand wash when baby is before 1year old & machine wash in 1load only for baby clothes after baby turn 1year old

For the first 6 months, I separate clothes and use baby detergent. Now, I just dump them all in with our clothes and use a regular detergent. Extra rinse to remove the soap suds. So far, our kids have never had any skin reaction to our normal detergent. And I use a normal softener too.

i wash my baby boy clothe separate from adult wear normally I will soak with hot water before wash in washing machine I'm currently using seventh generation detergent for baby n I use k mom softener to soften baby clothes so the clothes n towel wont be rough as it is chemical free too

I am using kodomo baby laundry. Bought from q10 cheaper and good. I wash the clothes in washing machine (due no time to hand wash -working mum with no helper ) pls do not wash them with adult clothing cos adult clothing is dirty and baby clothing is quite clean.

Post reply image

I use kodomo brand detergent! I think they have softener too. Better to do it all with bb stuff only, adults clothes Shld be washed separately. For me I think detergent is Gd enough but some parents prefer to use it with softener too which is a Gd idea too!

Persil sensitive detergent and also comfort ultra soft softener (diaper clothes are rough). If you have a higher budget can go for Kirkland or Tide or Method's "free and clear" - no fragrance no extra bleaching. So far it works fine for my sensitive skin bb