This is my usual go-to first aid when my baby’s tummy aches. But I have no idea what’s the other easy way if I ran out of the same?

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used Ruyi Oil for my kids too whenever they tummyache. It always effective to relief tummy pain. To add on to Samantha's comment, there are two types of ruyi oil (refer to the picture attached). The one on the left (with Mandarin Orange) is suitable for babies as it is less 'hot' compared to the right one. I used Telon Oil to do tummy massage twice a day after bath for baby, as it is very mild to baby, at the same time to relief windy tummy. You can refer to this website on how to carry out tummy massage. http://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-massage-your-baby-to-relieve-gas-and-reflux/?utm_content=buffer7571f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Thanks mummies for the ideas! ;)

VIP Member

Ru yi oil is what I would use for my kids tummy ache. This has been around for a really long time and is easily available in pharmacies and supermarkets in Singapore. It costs around $6 for a bottle. It's really effective and my kids will automatically ask for it if they are not feeling well in their tummy. Just put 1-2 drops in your palm and rub your palms together quickly. Then gently run your palms in a clockwise manner around your child's tummy. They should feel better in a few minutes.

Read more
Post reply image

Have you heard of "minyak telon"? I grew up in a Malay/Javanese household and this oil is pretty much the go to baby massage oil, It is multi-purpose, it helps with tummy aches, wind and it keeps babies warm, comforted and really good for warding off pesky insect bites, good for relieving insect bites. I remember my late grandma using minyak telon for alot of ailments! Till now, the smell of minyak telon comforts me and I have a bottle with me in Sweden in case I get tummy aches :)

Read more
Post reply image

I used to use ru yi oil. I never knew there were two different types till lately. now I'm using minyak telon.

thanks