Do you think parental child abduction should be legalized in Singapore? It is a serious crime accountable for in some countries. It is stated in MSF's website that it is not a criminal issue in Singapore but viewed as a civil matter. Worst still I am a breastfeeding mother and my 20 month old is still being kept away from me by my soon to be ex husband and his family at my parents in law house and there is no immediate enforcement with regards to this issue. Todays marks 2 weeks of me being seperated from my child and God knows how long more :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Really sorry to hear about what is happening. Not sure what exactly is your situation but I think you should seek professional advice. Contact a lawyer with expertise on family law. I'm not expert but there should be means for your to gain access to your child as it sounds like there is no amicable way to go about this. Hopefully, there is some mediation that could be carried out to help you get access to your child. Do take care of yourself.

Read more

I'm sorry about this. I hope you will get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Besides getting legal help, maybe you can try getting your older family members to try and mediate between you and your husband. Sometimes if parents and in laws talk, instead of you and your husband, they can come to an understanding for the sake of your child. I pray all will be well soon.

Read more

Sorry to hear what you are going thru. Have you tried speaking to a lawyer yet?