I am going through a divorce and 3 days ago my soon to be ex husband took my 20 month old out and didn't return him... This is the first time he has been seperated from me. He and his whole family threatened not to give my son back unless i sign their lawyer agreement letter. I am breastfeeding my baby still and they are ridding him of my milk now. Anyone been through a similar case of soon to be ex husbands taking your children away...? If yes, what did you do?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi All, Thank you for all your replies. My baby is being confined at my in laws house and there is no way the police or i can trespass. Im waiting for the court order now and only with that order i am able to retrieve my child. The only thing is the waiting game. I have no idea how long the court order will take to process. And what kills me is not knowing the welfare of my child. My mother in law even told me that My child doesn't need my breastmilk. The police, MSF, family centers are all not able to help at all until i get that order. This incident really makes me question the credibility of our help centers. My child and i are seperated for 12 days now, that itself is mental abuse for my baby. What if the process takes months..? Means I won't get to see him or hear from him for months? There is no immediate enforcement for this in Singapore. Where is humanity really..

Read more
7y ago

It happened to me before.. Just that I'm a man.. I was talking care of my son for 5 days a week.. My wife took our son away and deny me any geniune access. She put our son into infant care and the infant care also deny me access. When my lawyers finally come on board.. The status conference judge refused to revert back to previous arrangements because my son is in infant care and that is a routine she doesn't want to disrupt. End up I have to accept a consent order that greatly differ from the arrangement I had because I miss my son immensely. Overall I feel any parents whom want to get an advantage of the custody application.. Can take the child away, enroll into infant care to form a routine.. Sad thing about our Singapore is we do not have a rebuttable presumption of 50/50. It gives the plaintiff too much advantage.

As for them taking your baby, have you reached out to them through your lawyer? Especially since your baby is still breastfeeding? Like the others suggested here I would record every call, every message and keep a diary of what goes on. They have to think about what's best for your child first and that shouldn't be depriving your child from breastmilk.

Read more

Talk to your lawyer and determine your course of action. While you must be angry and agitated, please don't act in haste. Take an informed decision that helps you in the future as well. As far as law is concerned, it always takes the mother's side

Calling police and keeping message is good but it won't help you get your baby back. My advice is engaged the lawyer.. Sue for interim custody with maintenance. U can diy if you can write a proper letter.. Text me if you need help.

Think you can make a police report and inform your lawyer about it. If possible, hv proof of their conversation or sms or whatsapp is even better. Stay strong and be positive. Our woman's charter will protect us.

Read more

I will make a police report . It will be good if everything is being recorded down now . Keep whatever msgs that they send u . Let the police contact them , meanwhile , get a lawyer and see what can be done

Read more

oh make a police report children under a age that is under mother custody. if you really need a lawyer you can go family court. They are helping the woman that low income or no income. stay strong.

It's very bad done with you. I suggest please consult with a good divorce lawyer as soon as possible. Your son is only 20 months old so he needs to mother milk.

Post reply image

Record EVERYTHING, take screenshots of all your text messages! go make a police report, and talk to your lawyer. take action fast so that he can be caught red-handed.

You will need to speak to a lawyer for sure. Please also carefully read the information on this website: http://www.aware.org.sg/divorce/